I can hardly believe that in a few hours, I’ll be leaving 2007 behind. Basically, this also means that I’ve almost used up my 3-month-holiday not doing pretty much anything. Okay, not true, I moved around a lot. I shopped a lot too. But that’s that. My sources of income this holiday are limited to only my part-time designing projects and my t-shirt projects. That aside, 2007 is a memorable year for me. Why?
- My 1st year as a University of Auckland student
- I finally hit the big 2. I turned 20 in September, 2007.
- My niece and nephew now like to play with the less sociable (with kids only) me
- My English is improving
- I passed all exams and assignments
- 2 weeks of School-based Experience in SMK Bandar Tasik Selatan
- Funny how I struggled for proper, advanced Malay words during my Malaysian Studies (Ethics) assignment presentation. That’s how badly we’ve been pressured to communicate in English- so badly that we stutter in Malay. I wonder where all my public speaking wits went off to.
- I actually freaked out and almost hyperventilated right after doing each exam paper (last finals).
- A few *ahem* guys expressed their interests in me. But I declined them. I’m simply not ready to open up a place in my heart for anyone. Study (and blogging, ha!) comes first.
- I finally have my own cards to be used for online shopping! Public Bank Visa Electron and Tune Card are great!
- My domains stylishgeeks.net, geekdom.info, junjou.info and carameltoffee.net were registered – in that exact order. I’m really happy with the names.
- I made a total of US $2,586 in online activities. Small sum, but I’m happy!
- I lost 7 kg in 2 months with simply eating less and counting calories!
That’s for 2007. My hopes for 2008 are:
- Focus more on my studies. Get the desired A’s and first class degree.
- Find semester jobs. At least one is enough. NZ $465 is a small sum to live by. Not fair how $800 went to the accommodation only. Not counting mobile and internet bills yet. Aargh!
- Make more money online. Write more, play less.
- Update Geekdom.info as often as possible with everything learnt in a day.
- Update Stylish Geeks, Junjou and Caramel Toffee once a day or once every two or three days.
- Increase creativity.
- Increase blog readership.
- Write more useful and meaningful content.
- Submit quality assignments.
- Lose some more weight.
- Make lots of new blogger friends.
I hope to be able to realise all that in 2008, especially the ‘making lots of blogger friends’ part. It’s kind of lonely on my own in this big space, you know… That, and HAPPY NEW YEAR, darlingtons!